Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Year 2/29/16

I remember when leap year was a big deal.  Now - not so much.  I have given up on the Sunny Dawn Johnson detox program.  I got so far behind being so violently ill a week ago.  It is a good program but when something becomes a pressure to me, it turns into an anxiety for me.  I am trying to get back into my OA routine.  That is what is helping me now.  I will try the detox again at another time.

It was a good weekend.  My husband and I went out and did some shopping.  We went to the hardware store to look at moulding and doors and things for when we build our little tiny house.  Since we are 1000 miles away from where it is going to be built we are having a bit of stress knowing we can't be there to choose items and see it.  It was my first time since surgery getting in and out of the car on the passenger side.  So I have some skin pain.  Getting in and out on that side of the car really stretched my incision site.  Which in the long run I think was a good thing.  Showed me that I am not getting enough exercise.

My weight lose isn't going great but I am still down 30 lbs since December 2014.  Now that I have released myself from the detox program I feel better.  I need to lower my sugar intake again.  Before surgery I was doing the Take Shape For Life diet program.  The food is disgusting unless it is the cookies and bars.  I don't think that is the right program for me.  It is like eating candy bars all day long.  I don't think that is good for my mental being.  I think I did better on Weight Watchers eating good food not all this processed junk.  While I can't afford WW right now, I did learn the tools to keep going on my own.  So I am having my WW breakfast this morning.  I will count my calories for the time being.

A tidbit of knowledge from OA For Today - Compulsive Overeating is largely a solitary pursuit.  

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment