Sunday, February 14, 2016

2/14/16 What a year so far.

I wrote a huge blog yesterday.  Today when I came here it was gone.  Not sure what I did wrong.  So I am going to try again.

I ended 2015 barely able to walk with the excruciating pain in my left hip.  Not being able to get comfortable sleeping either.  On January 6, 2016 I had a total hip replacement.  I knew that when I woke up I would have no more hip pain.  What I did not mentally prepare for is the pain form the foot long incision down my left leg.  OMG!  That was intense.  The first day they got me up walking the pain was so intense I was nauseous.  I went home on day 3.  I cried for the next 7 days on and off.  My physical therapist that came to the apartment told me that was fairly normal for people who have such intense surgery.  I just was not mentally prepared.

What I was also not ready for was the brain fog.  I could hardly concentrate for the first 2 1/2 weeks.  Since I was suppose to be working from home I had all my concentration on keeping up with my job.  I had gotten a ton of books and and kitted up lots of projects.  I didn't touch them.

I am better now.  I have always fought depression but this threw me into the deep end.  I have basically been a prisoner in our apartment since we live on the second floor without an elevator and I wasn't suppose to be doing stairs.  I did get out of the house on Friday and ran a bunch of errands.

I do feel so much better.  One thing that I have noticed is I have a slight tremor.  I mostly notice it with my hand writing.  I also notice it in my typing.

My husband does not have a care-taking personality but he has done very well.  Between his days off and the storm and his tele-working I have only been alone 3 days in over 5 weeks.  While I love him dearly, I would have really liked some alone time.  I like to listen to OA in private so I haven't done that since being home on medical leave.  I will have to make a really strong effort to get back on my program this coming week.

I am going back to work on Tuesday.  The surgery made my left leg longer than my right leg and with the stiffness of the incision I have a very pronounced limp.  The doctor is very worried about my being unstable and falling so when I am outside of the apartment I still have to use my cane.  My commute is very strenuous so the doctor is only letting me work every other day for 2 weeks.

Here is a project I worked on right before surgery and I framed it in a hoop the other day.  It is for my coworker.

This project was pretty fast since it was all the same color of floss.  The color ran when I washed it but I took it to Michael's to have it framed anyway for my friend Christine.

I am going to make another tribal rooster for a different coworker but I am going to be using a DMC variegated floss.  I pulled my Mason Jar Line Up to work on.  It is the simple looking design but it is a royal pain to stitch. So much blended floss and half stitches and back stitching.  It is going to take me a very long time to finish.  It is for our new house.  I have the frame already so I am hoping to have it down by the time we move. Labor Day weekend.

I have started reading again too.  I have listed the books on another page of my blog.

I hope your 2016 goes well.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're coming along well in your recovery. I guess it all comes down to patience. The gift to your coworker is so pretty in the hoop and the flower at the top. Love the tribal rooster! Would you mind telling me who designed it? I thought it might be White Willow stitching or CM. If you reply here, I'll come back to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from 123 stitch website. I'm not sure whose design it is.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I found it there at 123 and it's by White Willow Stitching. I really like the thread and fabric you used on it. Makes it look so lively!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dianne
    I am glad you finally got your surgery
    Sorry to hear you had a lott of pain
    Hopefully it will go only better in the future
    I love your finishes especially the rooster, so colourfull
    Wish you all the best
    Xx

    ReplyDelete