Friday, August 10, 2018

August 10th, 2018 Happy World Cross Stitching Day

I am finally getting a day off.  I am usually a part time employee but when my supervisor goes on vacation I work full time to cover for her.  It is only me and her that do the payroll, accounts payable and receivable, etc.  She is back now.  I actually want to cut down my hours but not sure she will like that.  We shall see.

Reading:  I have been reading Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi.  It is different and not an easy read.  Not sure where it is going yet. Will keep you posted.

Stitching:   I am working on Sunflowers and Fiesta Ware.  There is a boat load of back stitching to do.  But it is for my large empty kitchen wall.  I also had a brain storm about my kitchen wall that this will hang on.  I want to do the sign part of Hands on Designs, Queen Bee Flower Farm for the middle of this wall.  My plan for this wall has lots of sunflower stitching so I think this sign will be perfect. And I consider my self the Queen here at home. ;-)

Here is my progress:

Hoping to Heal: 
Those that have been on my blog before know that I am an alcoholic that doesn't drink, my drug of choice is food.  So that is what I use to heal my broken brain, body, spirit, self esteem, etc.
I am always working to get better.  Although, I do get sidtracked very easily.  Mostly I type out these inspirational tidbits to help me but if they help someone else all the better.

Today's Scripture: 2 Peter 3:17  Be on your guard so that you may not be led astray with them by te error of the lawless people and fall from your own steadfastness.  Put up a strong fight to stay on your path.

OA For Today: Change is not compatible with stubborn pride. Growth does not happen in a climate of arrogance and know-it-all superiority.  To change, I must understand that giving up is not giving in, nor is it failing.  It is no longer needing to be right.

OA Voices of Recovery: We now say yes to this power, deciding here on to follow spiritual guidance in making every decision.

OA Food for Thought: By Your grace may I maintain my integrity in all situations.

Peace and Love - Dianne - 

No comments:

Post a Comment