Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Aug 22, 2018 Sunflower wip and shopping



Reading:

I finally finished Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi.  What a hard read for me.  First off it takes place in Germany right after WWI and goes through WWII and all the horribleness the Jewish people suffered.  But there was also bad things happening to everyone.  Maybe I live in a make believe world but that much hurt was just painful for me to read.  Also, the main character was a little person and so you go through the discrimination with her.  But what I really disliked was the personality the author gave her.  She was a gossiper and passed around secrets and rumors.  That was just distasteful for me.  I sound like such a judgmental person myself right now but the whole story just made me uncomfortable.  Which is possibly what the author was going for.

Starting something lighter now.  Y is for Yesterday by Sue Grafton.  Her last book before she passed away.  😥

Stitching:  

This is progress on my wip from last Saturday evening when I snapped this picture.  I worked on back stitching. There is so much back stitching on this project.  I got the sunflowers, vase, radishes and the peppers done.  Now I am working on completing page 2. 


I rarely buy anything, I have been trying to stitch from stash and work on UFO's since 2016.  But I saw this Cathy Habermann Hands On Design pattern.  Since I want to fill up my kitchen with sunflowers, and living simply is a good thing, this spoke to me on so many levels.  I am going to modify it a bit and also leave off the woman.

Then I got this inspiration on how to do the kitchen wall. I want to do the upper sign part of the Hands On Design, Pricilla's, Chalk on the Farm, Queen Bee Flower Farm. I plan to modify the flowers a little bit in different colors and maybe leave off the bee hives.  I think I will also stitch it on a blue marbled aida that I have in my stash.   Then I have all these UFO's to finish up that are flowers (see wip above) and birds.  These will be all around the Queen Bee sign.  (I am the Queen Bee, of course!!  😉)

Then I saw this Sunflower Farm and bought it for the all the sunflower borders on it that may come in handy.


So stitching from stash was going good but this isn't too bad of a shopping spree.


Hoping to Heal:

OA For Today: I turn over to God the concerns of the moment, knowing that the answers will come and, with them, a new awareness and depth of understanding.

One Day at a Time (Al-Anon): To be with out hope is to deny the wonderful possibilities of the future. 

Peace and Love,  Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment