Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wed 4/20/16

My husband is on day 3 of his 2 week work trip.  I am always thinking I will get so much done when he is gone but I really don't.  I just seem to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet.  By the end of the two weeks I will be wishing he would come home.

Last night I finally painted on the mat for my ice crystals project.  I am taking it to Michael's tonight after work to get it framed.  I was going to spray shellac a metal sign that was made for us too.  But I couldn't find the can of shellac.  My husband must have moved it or packed it.  The sign is done in a chalk paint and it will rub off so I want to shellac it to preserve it.  One more place to search tonight before I give up and pack the sign up as it is..

I have some packing to do this week also.  I really need to get that done.  I want to go to the National Zoo on Saturday and I can't do that if I haven't finished packing up my book shelves and craft containers.

I finished another book today.  Very fast read.  Prisoner in the Kitchen by William Bonham.  It is his experiences as a kitchen supervisor in a prison in Montana.

OA for Today: There is no greater triumph than feeling good about myself.

On the OA call this morning, one woman shared this thought: The number on the scale does not define me.   I really like that.  There was a lot of shares on gratitude too.  Made me realize that I have an immense amount of things to be grateful for in my life.


I hope you have peace and love in your day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment