Thursday, April 21, 2016

4/21/16 TGIT

TGIT doesn't mean Thank God It's Thursday.  I have a page-a-day calendar on my desk at work.  It is Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Dr. Richard Carlson.

Today it says: Members of the Thank God It's Friday (TGIF) club focus primarily on the weekend.  But the Thank God It's Today (TGIT) club are happy seven days a week because they understand that every day is unique, and each brings with it different gifts.

What a great thought.  It goes along with this sentence that I read last night in Spontaneous Happiness by Dr. Andrew Weil:  Emotional well being must come from within, because reaching external goals often disappoints.

Thank God it is Today.  I am grateful that I get to walk another day on earth.  I am grateful for the wonderful people in my life, my job, my home.  I am grateful that I have enough to eat, so there is no reason to feel deprived and overeat.

Even OA For Today was inspirational: One day at a time, I can continue to surrender my lack of control to God and receive in return the freedom to enjoy all the good things of life, in moderation.
For Today: I readily admit I have no self-control when it  comes to eating.  God can and does, however, do for me what I cannot do for myself.

*****
On the stitching side of life...I took my ice crystals to Michael's to get framed.  Even with 65% off it was $100.00.  I am almost done with my tribal rooster for my friend and then that may be the last thing I have framed.  It is just too expensive.  I will have to invest time in watching videos online and learn how to do my own framing.

Have a happy day.

4 comments:

  1. Oh so this is who you are! Lol, never mind me! I had a giveaway over on my blog and you won the Aida. Here's an email to Send me your mailing address-azcampis@yahoo.com

    Thanks Dianne. TGI something sounds like a good way to think. It's good to be optimistic although it can be hard sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the positive comments. I received the aida. Thank you so much. My absolute favorite aida to stitch on.

      Delete
  2. Love the inspirational comments, and I'm looking forward to seeing Ice Crystals framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the positive feedback. I need all the strokes I can get. Much Love to you.

      Delete