Thursday, April 14, 2016

4/14/16 Thursday

Yesterday morning when we got to our subway stop (on the way to work) the exit we go out was all blocked off.  So we had to walk to the other end of the metro station.  When we got above ground.  I had absolutely no idea which direction to go to get to work. Nothing looked familiar.  I would have gone in the one direction but my husband was sure we needed to go in the opposite direction.  It is a good thing he was with me. We were about 2 1/2 blocks away from our normal exit. When we get into DC it is still very dark outside.  I was so turned around.  Without him I can't imagine where I would have ended up and how long it would have taken me to get to work.

Also yesterday at work, I was carrying a large box of supplies to put away in the storage/break room and I tripped over the stool.  Oh My Gosh, as I was starting to fall, the panic in my head was amazing.  Because of my new hip, falling is really not recommended (LOL).  I didn't fall, I twisted myself enough to catch myself.  I hurt this morning.  My one leg and foot hurt from getting tangled in the stool.  My new hip leg hurts above the hip like I twisted the muscle.  I truly hope it is just muscle pain.  I think I am the most uncoordinated person I know.

My husband had late meetings at work and since we car pool together, I had to wait in the car for almost 2 hours.   That and the subway commute allowed me to read To Have and To Kill by Mary Jane Clark.   It was a very fast read.  This was book 1 in her Wedding Cake series.

I did stitch a little bit last night too.  Living in apartment, there really isn't a whole lot to do.

My husband is leaving Monday morning for 2 weeks.  He has training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Camp.  He is looking forward to it.  I love him dearly but I too am looking forward to some time alone.  I plan to pack some of my stuff that I am not using to get ready for the move.  I also want to spend one day of the weekend that he will be gone at the National Zoo.

Have a wonderful day.

Daily Scripture: God made you alive.—Eph. 2:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment