Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday 4/18/16 Tax Day

It is tax day.  I finally did ours about a month ago.  I put it off for two reasons.  First, I hate doing them. And secondly, we always have to pay in a HUGE sum of money.  We don't own our own home and we have no children so we have no deductions.  Then we both work.  We have extra taken out of our paychecks for federal taxes but it is still not near enough.  Sometime I feel like we like we are personally paying off the national debt.

I hardly slept last night.  I sometimes dread coming to work with M (the bigot).  Last week she said something so offensive to me that it bothered me all weekend.  I forgot she wasn't working today so I fretted last night for no reason.  Should be a lesson learned in there for me.  Worry doesn't solve anything.  My husband left this morning for two weeks.  I may just be in bed as soon as I get home tonight.

I finished another book.  It was When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin.  I love when a book makes me laugh out loud.  This one actually brought me to tears a couple times.  Only one other book has ever made me cry.  It was called the Alphabet Sisters.  I normally don't recommend books since everyone's tastes are so different but this was a very good read.

I worked quite a bit on my tribal rooster this weekend.  I'm not sure if I will get back to it much this week.  I have some packing to do and I bought some paint to work on getting the mat for my last piece ready for framing.  Here is my rooster.


Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment