Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor Day 9/3/18

I am so tired of coughing!  I hate being sick.  I am such a whiner!!!  It was hot and humid most of this weekend.  So the little bit I was outside really caused my lungs some grief and I coughed way too much.  It is cooler today.  We cleaned house this morning.  Jeez, I don't like doing housework but it sure is nice when it is all done.  I vacuum weekly and I really wonder how the cats are not bald with all the fur I get each week. 

READING: 
I finished Y is for Yesterday by Sue Grafton.  It is her last book since she has passed away.  I didn't like it as much as her other ones.  But I did enjoy this series. 

STITCHING:
I am one project at a time girl.  If I could leave my stitching out I could probably rotate but since I have to pick everything up and put it away each night it is just easier to stick with one project. Everything has to be put back in this basket.  My husband is such a neat freak. 


I am still working on Sunflowers and Fiesta Ware.  I am not doing the border around the design like the pattern shows.  I don't care for it and it doesn't really go with the theme I have for my Sunflower Kitchen.  Here is my Sunday night progress.  The colors don't pop on my cell phone like they do in person.  After this I want to work on the Queen Bee Flower Farm sign to go on the wall with this. ( I am thinking about jumping into the fancy floss for that pattern) I have numerous other patterns to join them on the wall but this is the start.


I am waiting on a response to my eagle pattern give away on the Midwest Cross Stitch Facebook page.  I will mail that out and then post my next give away.  I am really happy with the decision to give away items I know I will not stitch.


HOPING TO HEAL:

Today's Scripture: Matt. 5:24 First make your peace with your brother. Make peace with those around you to open the way to make your peace with God.

OA For Today: Indecision stems from fear of doing wrong...To keep indecision from throwing me into a panic, I keep repeating, Thy will be done, not mine....For Today...Beginning this very moment, I turn my life and my will over to my Higher Power.

OA Voices of Recovery: I do not need to fear failure. I need, rather, the peace of mind that comes with taking the action I have been putting off.  

OA Food For Thought: When confronted with food we know is harmful to us, the simplest response is "No Thank you".   When we ourselves are determined to maintain abstinence, no one else, whether friend or enemy, can prevent us from following our plan. "Protect me Lord, from my friends and enemies."

Peace, Hope and Love,

Dianne

1 comment:

  1. Dianne, oh, I hate housework, too - takes away from stitching time! I am a Serious Serial Starter -sometimes I wish that I could be one project at a time girl like you - lol!

    ReplyDelete