Wednesday, September 19, 2018

9/19/18 Sunflower update

Last Saturday we went to Northfield MN for the Defeat of Jesse James Days.  We walked around and stayed for the re-enactment of the bank robbery that the James/Younger gang couldn't complete.  Boy am I out of shape.  I sit for my job, I sit to stitch, I sit to read and I sit because there is less pain.  I need to get up and move.  I am going to attempt a 21 day challenge that starts Monday.  I am horrible at follow through so I hope I can do better this time.

Update - The Challenge program isn't hard but it really isn't my thing.  You need to listen to a recording by the instructor each day and do the challenge. I am rarely alone (husband is retired) and finding time to listen to the recordings doesn't always work.  I also feel pressured.  I would prefer that one challenge lasted more than a day.  There are 21 of them too much to do...  I am sticking with the listen to your cravings one for now.  Am I really hungry or is a feeling of boredom, fear, pain, depression, etc?

Reading:
Just finished The Late Show by Michael Connelly.  It is the first in his new series of Police Crime Solving.  It was interesting.  Kept me interested.  I do love a series.

I finished reading a Spenser For Hire novel called Old Black Magic. Robert B. Parker wrote them before he died and Ace Atkins is keeping them going.  I enjoy Spenser's smart aleck personality.

I finished J.A. Jance's Hand of Evil.  It is a series about a woman (Ali) who is starting over in life and of course there is a crime to solve in each one.

I am now reading J.A. Jance's Hour of the Hunter.  It is a suspense book about a serial killer.  Disturbing to think on the fact taht there are monsters out there preying on people.

Stitching:
I participated in Bendy Stitchy's Alzheimers sale on Instagram and won the bid for a project bag by Diddley Daddle Designs.  Very nice. My first "official" project bag.  She then had a floss tube live sale and I got a few things.  I am looking forward to them coming in the mail.  Who doesn't love fun mail?

Here is my last Sunday night progress on my Fiestaware and Sunflowers.  It looks almost done but there is really a lot of work left on it.
A cross stitch surprise came via Facebook.  I woman I went to school with but really don't know that well are Facebook friends.  We have my high school BFF in common.  She posted a stack of cross stitch books she picked up somewhere (for free).  Her post said she hoped I wanted them.  How special I felt!!! that she would think of me.  They are mostly Christmas cross stitch which I don't care to stitch.  I am hoping to barter them on the Barter Facebook group.  Don't know when I will get them as she lives about an hour an a half away from me.

I am going to stop here and post this.

Love and Peace - Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment