Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A few hours to myself 9/26/18

Since my husband is retired we are together in our small house almost 24/7.  I will probably keep my part time job for a long time for my own sanity.  This morning he started a part time job.  So now I have a couple hours to myself on Wednesday and Friday mornings. So thrilled.  Today of course I spent my precious hours running all over town doing errands.  But my car tire is fixed, dinner ingredients are purchased and the air conditioner and furnace have been serviced. Whew!

This tiny late summer sunflower is growing out of one of my patio pots.  LOVE sunflowers.

Reading:
I finished reading - J.A. Jance's Hour of the Hunter.  Pretty good. 

My husband brought a book home from the library he thought I would like, Nora Roberts' Shelter in Place.   It was a fast read.  It kept me interested so I read it in a weekend.

I am now reading Tami Hoag's Night Sins.

Stitching:

I forgot about this little finish I had in March.  It is for my cousin's child's child.  Maybe that makes her my 3rd cousin?  Anyway her name is Isla pronounced like an Island so you don't say the "S" .  I figure she will not ever be able to buy something personalized in a store and also people are always going to mispronounce it.  I know the colors are odd but her nursery is not decorated in traditional baby colors.


The aida it is stitched on is more of a sage green that the photo shows.  And the orange is a deep coral.

As for the sunflowers and fiesta ware picture I have been working on for the last 6 months, I spent Monday evening frogging out the entire upper part of the checkerboard cloth.  It was awful, I made a mistake somewhere and tried to mask it and it just was ugly.  Going to start that part over.  I enlarged that portion of the pattern so I could try again.

I did win a chart from Shirl of Tranquil Stitches.  She has a floss tube channel.  She is from West Virginia and seems like a really sweet woman.

I also went to Goodwill and picked up some serving trays to try to use as frames for my kitchen wall.  Whenever I complete a stitching project for that wall!!!   Going to try to use inspiration from Pricilla of The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch.  I also follow them on floss tube.  


That's all for today,

Peace and Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment