Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Good Morning 10/3/18

I have jury duty from 10/1 to 11/1.  So far all cases have been settled through 10/8.  Which is a good thing since I only work part time and would prefer to earn a paycheck instead of sitting at the court house.

Reading:
I finished Tami Hoag's Night Sins.  It left you hanging a bit at the end so I had to order the sequel, Guilty as Sin, from www.paperbackswap.com.  Hope that one tells us who did it.

I am now reading Catherine Coulter's Paradox.  I love to read but this one is from the library and I only have today and tomorrow to finish it.  So much pressure!  😉😉😉😉  I have read this whole series.  I love a series.

Stitching:

I pulled out an old project.  Maybe 3 years old.  It is going to go on my kitchen wall someday too.  I had to switch projects.  On my sunflowers and fiesta ware, I had to tear out a whole section of the checkered napkin.  I messed it up too bad.  Then I just got frustrated so I decided to put it down and finish this.  I should be able to finish this in October.  At least I am hoping to.
The colors are brighter in person.  I am not doing it 100% like the pattern.  I am not going to back stitch the flowers in that border.  I want to keep it "blurry".  I am just going to back stitch the sunflower so it pops out.  I am thinking I need to back stitch all around the blue so it stands out a bit more and also all around the border for definition.  

Need to go balance our checking account to see where we stand going forth into October.

Peace and Love,
Dianne

2 comments:

  1. I love a good series and your sunflower is very pretty? You don't get paid anything for being on jury duty? Here we get paid $40 a day by the government and the employer has to make up the difference to your normal pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I would get paid 20.00 or 40.00 day depending on how long you are there. I live in WI and work in MN. Neither state is required to pay employees for jury duty. I wouldn't mind doing it if it lands on Wed, Thur or Fri. On Mondays and Tuesdays I do payroll for our 65 employees. I selfishly don't want to give that up. Thanks for liking my sunflower. I will finish it in October(I hope).

      Delete