Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday Monday 2/26/18

It is Monday, so back to work.  I left a job in DC that I loved but I just hated living there.  My job here is really enjoyable too.  I do accounts payable & receivable and payroll for a drywall construction company.  There are a total of 60 employees usually.  Most are carpenters, tapes and painters that I never see.  I just communicate with them by text or phone calls if I need too.  It is a good job.  Good pay for this area of the country.  The only downside is the office is in the loft of an industrial garage.  No break room. So the only sink is in the bathroom that is used by everyone. Blech! I only work 3 days a week.  But I like being semi-retired so that is okay.  What is nice is I only work as long as I have work.   I am not stuck sitting there till 5:00 if I have nothing to do.


Reading:
Still reading Stitch Me Deadly.  Book 2 of a series.  I do love a series.

Stitching:
Here is a photo of my eagle project that I started in 2009 or 2010.  I WILL finish it this year.  I want to give it to my husband and then move on.

I also am attaching a picture of my project basket.  My neat freak husband can not stand any kind of clutter or mess so I had to find something I could keep out and he couldn't see my stitching stuff.


Now here is the basket when I had my project out on the TV tray and was working on it.


His name is Shadow.  He is a big boy.

Hoping to Heal:
Daily Scripture: Prov 13:10 - Wisdom belongs to those who seek advice. Through regular prayer, Bible study and application of what we learn, we can gradually strengthen our conscience.

OA For Today: Most people ask for happiness on condition.  Happiness can only be felt if you don't set any condition. Arthur Rubenstein  Setting conditions is putting myself back in the driver's seat.  I can have the courage to trust, to let go and know that the ability to do this is a great blessing.

OA Voices of Recovery: I forget that God does not need instructions from me on how to run my life. god knows all my problems, pains, fears...God does not need a task list from me.

OA Food for Thought: Help me to slow down and appreciate your gifts.

Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment