Saturday, February 24, 2018

2/24/2018


I seriously must be the worst blogger out there.  I am so inconsistent. My blog use to be called Fighting the Foodaholic Inside me.  I eat when stressed, happy, sad, etc.  But I changed it to be more of what I want to focus on...my hobbies and healing.  I am semi-retired so I am trying to turn to more things that make me happy.

I was keeping track of what books I read on this blog but I deleted those pages.  I have an excel spreadsheet that works so much better.

Reading:
I am reading a book right now called Bring Her Home.  Don't have it with me right now so I can't tell  you the author.  Lots of twists and turns.

Stitching:
I hadn't finished a project since 2016 before we moved from DC to Northwest Wisconsin. But I did start and finish a small one in February 2018.  It is on my 2018 Finishes page.  It is a birth sampler for my Great Nephew.  Now I am stitching on my eagle in flight project that I started for my husband in 2009.  This year we will celebrate our 10th anniversary.  I would really like to give it to him as a gift.  So I am pushing to complete it.  I have quite a way to go yet.  It is a brown confetti nightmare. 

Hoping to Heal:
Today's scripture is Ps 19:13 - Hold your servant back from the presumptuous acts.  Good advice.

OA For Today - We are apt to be very pert about censuring others, where we will not endure advice ourselves. - Recognition of my faults does not always save me from them.  People may seem to want my advice,  but that is no reason for me to give it.  

OA Voices of Recovery: I started the program by doing everything I was suppose to do... Action is the magic word.  Just do it!

We cleaned the house this morning.  Goofed around a bit and now I think I will try to figure out how to access my blog on my tablet.  (I was gifted a tablet - a remarkable gift.)  I also want to finish my book and cross stitch some more.

Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment