Wednesday, February 28, 2018

2/28/18 Wednesday update

Today I had a doctor appointment to discuss the incredible amount of pain I am in.  It is constant pain body wide.  Mostly in my lower legs and moving is so painful but sitting still can be too.  I may have mentioned this but last May I had a really bad fall.  But an appointment with an orthopedic guy showed no broken bones just damaged tissue.  It took nearly 6 months for some of the bruising to go away and the skin on my right knee is still numb.  Then the 2nd week in December my boss's dog came up behind me and swiped my legs out and I went down hard again.  So there has been pain, but this pain that is building is so bad I really feel like I should be in a motorized wheel chair.  Some days I can barely stand up. This pain isn't doing much for my mental health either.  My doctor put me on an anti-inflammatory/pain med today.  Hopefully I will start to feel like I can walk.  The doctor is testing for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lymes and Lupas as well as some other things.  She also wants me to go to physical therapy too.  I feel like all is not hopeless right now.  We shall see what comes.  The one thing that was disappointing was my weight.  I haven't lost anything.  I really feel like I am not bingeing and such so I thought maybe it would come down a pound or two.  Nope! Dang!  I will just have to keep moving foward.

Reading:
I finished Stitch Me Deadly by Amanda Lee when I was at the clinic today.  Very fast read. Mostly I just enjoy the fact the main character works in an embroidery shop.  I am going to start the 3rd book in that series, Thread Reckoning.

Stitching:
I haven't stitched in the last two days.  I work on Monday and Tuesday and usually feel too wiped out.  I will try to work on my eagle today. especially if these pain meds kick in.

Hoping to Heal:
Today'scripture: Mark 10:18 - Why do you call me good? Nobody is good except one, God.  It is about basking in praise and not giving the glory to God.

OA For Today: It is in our faults and failings, not in our virtues, that we touch one another and find sympathy.   Jerome K. Jerome 

OA Voices of Recovery: I keep an open mind to having an open mind; the possibilities are endless.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment