Sunday, February 25, 2018

2/25/18 A Winter Wonderland outside

This is our second winter back in Wisconsin.  Last winter was cold but not much snow.  This winter we have had the extreme cold but also lots of snow.  We are not snowmobile riders but the ones around here are very happy.  It is beautiful. But my poor husband is out there shoveling all the time.  Last night was another 7 inches.  This has caused Sunday worship was canceled.
Our driveway doesn't really get any sun, so he has to keep it shoveled or it becomes an ice rink.  Something we learned that first winter back.

Reading:
I just finished Bring Her Home by David Bell.  It was good.  I didn't know where it was going at times so it kept me interested.  A month or so back I read The Quick and the Thread by Amanda Lee.  They are called An Embroidery Mystery.  It was a fast read.  So now I am going to start Stitch Me Deadly.  Book 2 of this series.  I do love a series.

Stitching:
I have finally got around to watching some floss tube videos.  Some are fun and some...
well anyway😉.  We new it would be a hunker down weekend so my husband went to the library and got a bunch of movie CD's.  Yesterday we binge watched war movies (yuck).  But I stitched away on my eagle.  So much confetti.  That kept me focused on my pattern so I wasn't paying to much attention to TV.  I will post a picture of my progress soon.

Hoping to Heal:
I have been doing fairly good with food issues.  It is best when I eat 3 meals a day.  Didn't happen yesterday.  So by the evening meal time I was extremely hungry and overate.  Felt it too.  I really didn't feel good.  Let that be a lesson to me!!

Daily Scripture: Deut 32:5 - They are the ones that have acted corruptly.  They are not his children, the defect is their own. - We are not perfect but we can control our behavior. 

OA For Today: When one is a stranger to oneself then on is estranged from others too. Ann Morrow Lindberg.  For today - To keep growing in self awareness, awareness of others and of God as my highest priority.  For this I am willing to abstain.

OA Food for Thought: May I not be discouraged by mistakes.

I am off to finish laundry and make breakfast.  Happy reading and stitching to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment