Wednesday, September 23, 2015

9/23/15 lots to say & 6 more lbs gone

I haven't posted in a few days and I have so much to say.  Prepare to be bored.  LOL  First thing I did was change my page nickname to my real first name.  So instead of Dizzy it now says Dianne.

On Friday morning I had my cortisone shot at the hospital.  Wasn't the worst pain I have ever endured but it was not pleasant either.   They inject a pain killer into the area and then they stick in the BIG needle for the cortisone.  I had to have more pain killer.  Laying on that operating table for so long caused my back muscles to spasm when I got up.  They said since I was loaded up with pain killers in my leg, to be careful, to not overdo things.  To go home and take it easy.  I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and just picked up salad fixings.  By the time I got home, I just didn't feel great.  Not really sick.  More like depressed and down.  I had a low grade temperature and a slight headache.   No energy.  So I had microwave popcorn for lunch and dinner.

My husband was gone all week for work so I didn't eat big meals at all.  I basically cleaned out the fridge and freezer of leftovers.  I felt really good about my eating and sticking to the 30 points weight watchers allows me.

Remember when I told you that I was getting an OA sponsor Kelly.  Well she insisted I have a doctor approved food plan and that I plan out my meals the night ahead and report them too her.  This does work for a lot of people.  But I have been using OA to stop the obsessing about food and I feel it has really helped but in the few days of working with Kelly I found myself thinking about food constantly.  I felt like I was back sliding.  So I sent her an email Monday morning and told her I just wasn't ready for this program.  Not all OA sponsors work that way so it is not a program that is required.  I had such a good food day Monday.  I ate my WW breakfast, had a gluten free burrito for lunch, a banana for snack and pork chop and cauliflower for supper.  Had a 90 calorie Fiber One bar for a snack in the evening.  I felt so good.  No feelings of starving and needing to binge.  

I weighed in at WW on Tuesday morning.  6 lbs down.  So excited.  A total of 16 lbs.  I wanted to call my sisters and celebrate.  Since they both fight with weight issues too, I decided it would be mean and seem like I was gloating.  But I was super excited.  This is a huge accomplishment for me.  I need to keep going.  I need to get this weight off.

On to different things.  I was the winner of a gift package from Sharon at the blog Seaside Stitcher.
I love the little lantern.  I have these battery tealights from my niece's wedding and so the lantern won't get hot. I love candle light so this is perfect in our living room.  I have already used the hand lotion and lip gloss.  There was also these pretty pink clothes pins that I am going to try to use with my big Save the Stitches project.  I need help holding the excess material.  So thank you so very much Sharon.  I love everything.  Check out her blog.  Link is above.  She has a post about her dog.  It is adorable.


In the cross stitch arena I have been working on the baby owl to send to my niece.    I made the baby fox for her sister and I wanted to send them both out at the same time.  Well the niece that the baby fox is for has made some really bad choices.  If I send it to her now it will seem like a reward and I think she is being punished.  She is 16.  No drivers license.  Took her mother's car without permission and nearly ran another driver off the road texting and then crashed the car.  She is okay despite not wearing a seat belt.  One bad decision after another.  So you can see why sending a gift right now would be in bad taste.  But here is a picture of the owl.
 He is very cute.

I think I have babbled on enough now.  Thanks for reading my blog.

2 comments:

  1. He is very cute! Congrats on your weight loss! I forgot about those Fiber bars, they're quite tasty. My soon to be 21 year old daughter made some bad choices when she was 17, thankfully not as bad as your niece, though! At least she's okay and I'm with you on not sending the owl to her. Understand completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss!!! Yes, I struggle too, but I would never feel bad for your good fortune!!! Way to go,Sis!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete