Wednesday, September 16, 2015

9/16/15 Not too bad

I went to Weight Watchers yesterday.  I hadn't been there since 7/23/15.  At that time I was down 11 pounds.  Yesterday I was still down 10.2 pounds.  Only a small gain.  What a great feeling. (I thought for sure I had gained it all back)    I have had 2 days of abstinence so far.  I consider abstinence to be staying on my food plan and no binges or grazing in the evening.

I didn't make it to Bible Study last night but I did call in and follow along while listening on the phone.  Feel good about that too.

I spoke with a woman (from OA) on the phone yesterday.  She is going to work with me.  So relieved to have a guide.  First assignment is to go back to the AA Big Book and read the doctors opinion in the front.  Second assignment list the food that I cannot control.  Foods that I can't just have a taste of but I have to eat all of it.

Here is what I have so far: pizza, potato chips (or any kind of snack like that such as Cheetos or Doritos), french fries, pastires, soda, ice cream, orange juice, assorted chocolates (like in a box of candy).
These would be considered "trigger" foods.  While any diet plan will possibly say you can have any of these things just with moderation.  I really can't have these foods because they cause me to eat out of control.

Today I am grateful for the people who read my blog and send their support, Kelly from OA who is willing to help me, and my sisters that listen to me whine.

For today:  I will try to stay positive and upbeat.  Going for day 3 of my food plan!

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! I would also like to thank Kelly for helping you when you reached out. Have you thought about seeing a dietitian to discuss what you should have more of and less of and portion sizes? Love you! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reached out to my regular physician today to see if she can get me a plan.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It helps to have people in your corner. Go to www.oa.org and look for a group near you. If there isn't a group near you call into a phone meeting. It is nice to not be alone.

      Delete