Monday, September 14, 2015

09/11/15 I'm back

Hello,

Wisconsin was awesome.  I loved being home.  My husband and I drove all over looking for an area he would like to move to.  We drove all over St. Croix County.  We went to Menomonie and River Falls too.  He didn't really like anything.  This was quite depressing to me.  The area is beautiful and I found so many places I would love to live.  It is so much nicer than Washington DC.  I fear that he will never be happy.  He has not had a great life and his job is awful.  His PTSD is getting worse.  But again, I loved everything Wisconsin.  I got to hang out with some of the ladies that use to work for me and we have become such wonderful friends.  My brother and sisters were all together for the first time in about 12 years.  My brother has been sober for about 3 or 4 months.  A MIRACLE!!  He is so much more fun when he is sober.  He has a great sense of humor.

Bottom line is I am excited to move back.  It will be in August 2016 or August 2017.  Depends on how long my husband can hang on to his job without going bat-poop crazy,

I received a beautiful necklace from Esmeralda in Holland. I love it.  Here is a picture of the charms.


I picked up my Baby Fox.  I am loving the framing. The picture isn't very good.  It has a yellow mat under the green mat. and a beautiful wood frame. I can't send it to my niece until I finish the owl for her sister.  I don't want to cause a jealousy rift.  I then have 2 projects to do for my 2 other nieces.



I think it will be quite a while before I get back to my projects for my self.  I took a sunflower Buccilla kit on vacation with me to sort the threads out.  I got so frustrated with the color chart and the tangled floss that I looked up a Buccilla floss to DMC conversion chart and went to Walmart and bought all new floss and threw the Buccilla floss out.  I only got a few stitches in so it has gone back into the storage drawer for now.

As for my weight goals, I ate too much food in Wisconsin.  We ate out for every meal.  Amazing how fast 10 pounds can go on and how painfully slow it comes off.


OA for Today: I know and accept that who I am and what I have  - my family, friends, job, home, husband - are exactly what I want for today.

Such a true sentiment.

OA Voices of Recovery:  Reach out for emotional nourishment with people not food.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a good time on holliday and especially with your family.
    Sadly you ganed some weight but i think thats is not to avoid on holliday i think nearly everyone i having that.
    I hope this holliday give you the energy to pick up your life and start loosing those 10 pounds and even more.
    I love how your little fox turnt out so beautiful framed
    Lucky owner !
    Bye for now hope to read soon that you are fighting that weight and that it is going down
    Big hug from holland
    I will be thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete