Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday 7/28/15 Stayed on track last week.

I weighed in today at WW.  Down 3.2 lbs.  For a total of 11 lbs.  It has taken 3 months but I am so happy to  have hit the first 10 lb mark.  I have to try hard not to sabotage myself now.  I had 3 days of abstinence last week.  My loving husband tried to temp me with ice cream and such but I just said no thank you.  Went to the grocery store on Saturday and felt those familiar cravings of needing to get potato chips or other nummy "bad" food.  I went shopping hungry - stupid thing to do.  But I stayed on plan.  I got myself a diet coke to drink in the car since it is so hot and humid here.  Just so happy with myself.

The feeding frenzy feeling is back today and yesterday.  In my food plan I give myself a small treat after supper.  It works for me and I was able to turn my husband down on his high calorie treats.  But Sundays get all messed up.  He likes a big Sunday meal around 2:00.  It goes back to the thing where he eats 2 giant meals a day and is okay.  I need my 3 meals a day.  So by Sunday night I was snacking again.  Sunday night I had a large piece of blueberry pie. Then later some chips that my dear husband bought. I did say no to the ice cream.  What I have learned at OA is that having the sugary pie is probably what is sending my body into the frenzy again.  The sugar and I don't get along.  Also the fat in chips is another trigger.  THEN, on Monday a co-worker brought me a half of a lemon pound cake.  It is sitting on my desk taunting me.  So tonight it is going to the homeless man that is at the subway entrance.  I put a clean plastic fork in the bag with the cake and he hopefully he will enjoy it.

All the problems in the world and I am obsessed with food.  It is just not right.  So tomorrow, I will get back on my eating plan and hope for at least 4 days abstinent, or 5, 6, etc....

I am stitching away at my Woodland fox.  Was too tired to even look at it last night.  I don't think it will be done by the end of the month.  So many projects so little time.

Still reading Waterlily by Ella Cara Deloria.  Interesting so far.

One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I started a new book called "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hey. I am only through the first chapter and WOW! She jumps right into why we do what we do and how to start learning new behaviors.

    ReplyDelete