Friday, July 24, 2015

Finally Friday 7/24/15

I went to the dentist this morning and he says my gum is not infected.  I have to go with that but I think he is wrong.  He says it is just irritated by the temporary crown.  Oh and by the way we are cancelling your new crown installation for tomorrow.  You can come in next Friday.  Seriously!  I have to have this bump and icky tasting thing in my mouth another week.

After the dentist I had to head to work.  2 1/2 hours later than usual so I was traveling the subway with the DC tourists.  At one stop about 100 FFA students get on and then a few stops later about 300 people get on.  When we get to my stop about 500 people get off the subway and are standing in line for the escalator.  Which has not worked in months so people are trying to go up and down.  I thought I might be stuck in the stupid subway all morning.  So glad to get to work.  But my day seems all discombobbled.

I am so ecstatic to report that yesterday I can say that I was abstinent.  I had a GREAT food day.  My husband got out crackers and cheese but I had already eaten dinner so I declined.  So proud of me. Then later he got out ice cream.  I declined.  I had already had my allowed dessert.  Really proud of me!!  I can only hope this translates into weight loss.  I am also hoping to keep this going.  Of course, for some crazy reason, I self sabotage myself all the time.

OA For Today:
I celebrate the miracle of my new life in OA.  Yes I am!

I really hope to have a good weekend.  I know I have to go to Walmart.  My vacuum cleaner died and I need a new one.  Along with restocking some supplies.  

I did finish the book The Year of Fog.   Not sure how I feel about it.  Don't want to spoil the ending for anyone so I won't go into it.  Next book is Waterlily by Ella Cara Deloria.   

I could read and stitch all week end and be a happy girl..

Thanks for reading my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your great food day. I would love to stitch and read all weekend too!

    ReplyDelete