Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blogging for the first time11/12/11

I am a foodaholic.  I am about 100 lbs overweight.   I have always believed I was an alcoholic but I was afraid to drink for fear I would never be sober again.  I use food instead of tequila.  I have been reading a book from Overeaters Anonomous (OA).  It is stories of people who have a food addiction.  I know that is what I have.  I'm not sure how it started or how to stop it so I have started this blog to journal my days and try to figure out how I can abstain from food.  I would go to an OA meeting if there was one near me.  It's an odd concept OA has by calling it abstaining because you can't really abstain from eating.  It is more like abstaining from overeating.  I have tried numerous diets and gimicks, etc.  I tried to have gastric by-pass surgery but during the surgery the doctor felt I had too much scar tissue to continue so he gave me the lap-band instead.  What a joke that has been.  If I eat slow and chew well I can eat anything in any amount. So my weight has not dropped.  It doesn't help that I have a very sedate life.  I have a desk job and ride a train for 2 1/2 hours a day to commute.  And then the fact that I don't like to exercise.  I am hoping this blog journal will help me stay on track with a lifestyle program that will get me healthy again.  So that is all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment