Monday, December 7, 2015

12/7/15 Monday

Boy, this trying to lose weight is tough stuff.  I don't move much so I don't burn calories. Therefore, I shouldn't take in very many. Eating such a tiny bit is a truly a struggle.

I find that I do not go onto the computer on the weekends.  I stay away from it. I guess my blog won't get updated on the weekends.  This weekend I went to Wal-Mart to stock up on stuff we were running out of.  Then I went to the grocery store.  About 1/2 through the store I knew I was tiring out.  So I only went to about 3/4ths of the grocery store.  Just got the basics for the week.  Could barely move the rest of the weekend.  So much pain. I did get a little bit of stitching done over the weekend.
My husband has a bad cold.  Goodness you would think he is dying.

Listening to an OA meeting on the phone I heard a couple things that stuck with me.  One comment had to do with those that aren't comfortable with the idea of God or those that have a hard time communicating with God.  She said: Start the day with "Good Morning God".  It will help you to start communicating with God.
I found that interesting.

One lady said: "I am hard wired for negativity".  That really struck me too.  My mother is so negative and just always found the bad part of everything.  My co-worker "M", will tell you she is a positive person but she is just like my mother in the fact that she will point out the negative of everything.  Very discouraging and exhausting people to be around.  But I can see where I am hardwired for negativity and I will need to make sure I am on the UP side of things.

I finished the James Patterson book I was reading on Friday so this weekend I started reading a book I have had for many years.  The Four Elements by Don Miguel Ruiz.  So far there have been some interesting ideas that resonate with me.  Like this: No one abuses us as much as we abuse ourselves.  If we have abusive people in our lives-we keep them around-as long as they don't abuse us as much as we abuse ourselves.   Then I got to the first part of how to change yourself.  Be impeccable with your word.  Impeccable means without sin.  Be without sin with your word to yourself and to others.  Very interesting!

Well, I'm off to work.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Dianne !
    You are such a lovely lady :)
    Its 6 am here now and are heaving breakfast while reading your daily blog
    Its so true what James Patterson write !
    As long as we dont love ourself we keep those abusive people in our lives
    Get rid of them one bye one and suround you with people or things which bring the good out of you and make you happy :)

    Well have to get moving now :)
    Look forward to read soon from you again you are a terrific blog writer
    Wish you a lovely day
    Big hug
    Esmeralda

    ReplyDelete