Thursday, December 3, 2015

12/3/15 updates.

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been blogging because I have felt so "poor me" and I don't need to bring that depression to anyone.

So some updates.  I am no longer doing Stitch from Stash updates as it has been disbanded.  I really enjoyed it and it did reign my spending in.  I don't have a picture of my latest project which is a 5 X 7 of a Sunflower.  For my sunflower kitchen.

We drove home to Wisconsin over the Thanksgiving week.  I found a property and builder in New Richmond, WI.  We put our money down on a lot and picked a very small house to be built.  It is only 2 bedrooms and no basement.  It is tiny but we needed to keep the price and upkeep low as we will be unemployed and heading out into retirement.  We are too young to actually retire so we need to find jobs next fall.  We should close on it June 30, 2016.  It hasn't been started yet but here is a picture of the one next door to our lot.  It is just like it and is in the process of being built:

I am very excited about it.  Also a little scared about it being so small.  My brother-in-law has a home building background so I am hoping to find plans for a deck and screen porch that I can hire him to do at a low cost.  It is so small it has me wondering about all the stitching projects I have lined up.  I don't think I have enough wall space for them.  LOL.  But I do know once we get moved in we will be having a massive downsizing garage sale.

News on my hip.  I found a doctor who will give me a hip replacement despite my weight.  January 6th is the big day.  I hope nothing changes that.  The pain has been excruciating. Some days I just can't stop crying it hurts so bad. Going from sitting to standing is so painful. The ride on the subway train is a killer.  It is such a herky-jerky ride.  I can barely walk when it is time to get off.  I take so much ibuprofin that sometimes I get sick from that.

I quit weight watchers and started Medifast.  This is one of those diets where you eat their food. Since both programs cost money I can't do both.  The food is disgusting. So I only eat the bars which is like eating candy.  That goes against everything I have learned in Overeaters Anonymous.  With that program you give up foods that trigger binges and candy is one of mine.  Basically it is 1200 calories a day.  I am also suppose to drink 64 ounces of water a day.  Just can't seem to do that.  To try to help with losing weight I have cut back on my anti-depressant that I take.  Can't tell if it is helping or hurting me.  I have lost about 9 pounds.

I read an article last Sunday that was about creativity and doing something for 365 days.  One lady does a different hair braid on herself or someone else.  One lady made tiny chairs out of different stuff.  The object is to finish the project each day.  I was thinking as I was reading that I do Cross stitch a bit every day.  But I don't finish for a long time.  Reading the Bible daily is an awesome goal too but again you don't finish.  There was nothing creative that popped into my head.  Then the article said writing everyday was another creative 365 day thing you could do.  That made me think I could start being more reliable about my blog and that may get my juices flowing.  We shall see how that goes.

December 3rd scripture: Luke 9: 1,2  He called the 12 together and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to cure diseases.  And he sent them out to preach the Kingdom of God and to heal.

OA's Voices of Recovery: Pray to God but continue to row to shore.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne,
    i feel a bit silly telling you that taking a walk helped me to cut down some sizes :(
    Now i read that moving is allready so painful for you !
    So loosing weight is even more complicated and challenging!
    I hope you get that hip soon so your pain goes down a bit and moving along will be easier.
    What a good idea to write everyday for the next 365 days :)
    i will be looking forward to read these post's especially the new one from 4 december !
    Moving in to a new house can allso mean a new start and maybe thats what you need.
    Smaller house means allso less cleaning so more time to do the fun stuff: stitching,reading and writing :)
    Big hug from rainy Holland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Esmeralda. I appreciate your support. Hugs back!

      Delete