Wednesday, August 19, 2015

08/19/15

I haven't posted for awhile again.  I basically have a boring life.  But that is okay.  I don't need drama or strife.  I have not gotten to a place of abstinence the last 2 weeks.  I have been listening to my OA phone meetings regularly.  Problem is I am at work so it can be hard to concentrate.

I should really play the lottery.  I would like to be at home and not working. Alternating between reading, stitching, talking to my siblings on the phone and cooking.

I have been fighting a headache this week and part of last week.  Despite that I am very grateful that I can listen to these OA meetings.  I am grateful for my sisters, my husband, my home, my job...

I have been reading Debbie Macomber books.  They are a fast read.  Nothing too deep in them. Sometimes I just like to read where it doesn't take heavy thought.   I did read the Whistling Season by Doig.  It was okay.  I ordered some books for my really old Kindle today since we are going on vacation next week and I don't want to carry books to Wisconsin with me.  So many books so little time.

I finished my cross stitch fox and I am taking it to Michael's tonight to see if I can get it framed so I can take it to Wisconsin with me.  I have started stitching on a baby owl for my other niece.  I have so many patterns and kits at home that I want to stitch.  So much to stitch so little time.

Happy day to you all.

4 comments:

  1. I hope your will have a lovely holliday and will return full of energie and enjoy life to the fullest :)
    Look forward to see the fox framed and to see your new owl project
    Next time i am the libary i wil try out debbie macomber
    I love the writer santa montefiori
    Have a lovely stitching evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esmeralda. Thank you so much for your positive and encouraging comments. I did get both of your comments emailed to me. Even tho they don't show here. Your words are so kind. I am very happy to have a new friend from Holland. Di

      Delete
  2. I find it ironic that you are reading Debbie Macomber. I just bought mom a couple of her books. =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Cedar Cove series. Mostly because I LOVE a series. I like that they read fast and no heavy thought. They give me a mental break.

      Delete